R.J. MacIsaac Construction Ltd.
Job Description for General Labourer (Construction Labourer/Marine Labourer):
General Labourers perform some and/or all of the following duties:
- Load and unload construction materials and move materials to work areas.
- Erect and dismantle concrete forms, scaffolding, ramps, catwalks, shoring and barricades required at construction sites.
- Mix, pour and place materials such as gravel, cement and concrete.
- Assist tradespersons such as surveyors, welders, carpenters, heavy equipment operators, truck drivers, boat operators and deck-hands with construction activities.
- Level earth to fine grade spec’s using rakes and shovels.
- Assist in dismantling structures using prying bars and other tools.
- Removing rubble and other debris at construction sites using rakes, shovels, wheelbarrows and other equipment.
- Operate pneumatic hammers, vibrators and tampers during construction/demolition activities.
- Tending and feeding machines and/or equipment such as mixers, compressors and/or pumps.
- Clean up job-site work-areas.
- Direct traffic at or near the construction site.
- Maintain a safe operating area for safety of self, co-workers, clients and general public.
- Report any unsafe operating hazards to the Project Superintendent immediately.
- Conduct daily hazard assessment of immediate work area noting all hazards. Adjusting work methology accordingly and reporting all hazards to Project Superintendent.
- Conduct pre-operational checks on equipment. Report any and all issues to the Project Superintendent for repair and/or replacement.
- Ensure equipment has adequate fuel to perform daily assignments. Notify Project Superintendent immediately in the AM if not.
- Maintain a clean work area, lubricate equipment and refill equipment fluids levels.
- Take direction from Project Superintendent on daily and weekly work plan.
- Performs other duties as assigned by Project Superintendent.
- Submit at the week’s end all Pre-Operational checks to Project Superintendent.
- Attend and participate in Weekly Tool-Box Safety meetings. Report and contribute to all safety issues.
- Maintaining a Safety Focused Operating Culture.
- Maintains a Quality-Client Focused Operating Culture.
- Maintains a Cost Reduction and Profitability Operating Culture.
- Maintain and Follow all company policies and procedures.
- Maintain positive and professional relationships with Clients, Co-Workers, Supervisors, Management and Regulatory Officials.
Personal Conduct Responsibilities:
- Maintains a positive attitude.
- Shows respect to coworkers and company structure.
- Co-operates with other Co-Workers.
- Performs position functions without supervision.
- Displays initiative in performing work functions.
- Exercises prudent judgement.
- Meets goals when personal commitment is made.
- Displays concern for Company cost control and profit contribution.
Terms of Employment:
- As per Letter of Engagement.
- Wages per Company Wage Scales.
- Varies though out Atlantic Canada with Construction Projects. Willingness and availability to travel is a must.
- Directly to Construction Site Superintendent/Construction Manager
- The position has no supervisory responsibilities for direct and/or indirect reports.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Some High School, trade, vocational and/or technical training.
- Marine Emergency Duties (MED)
- Occupational Health and Safety Certificate.
- WHMIS Training
- First Aid & CPR Certificate
- Confined Space and Fall Protection Training
- Traffic Control/Signage
- 3 to 5 years construction/marine preferred.
- Cleaning and Maintaining Equipment.
- Minor Repairs.
- Maintaining Log-Books.
- Clean Driving Record and Abstract.
- Clear Criminal Record Check and Abstract.
- Ability to travel and Work Out-Doors in a Marine Environment.