R.J. MacIsaac Construction Ltd.
Job Description for Construction Welder (Welder):
Construction Welders (Welders) perform some and/or all of the following duties in shop and/or in the field during marine infrastructure repair projects;
- Read and Interpret blueprints or welding process specifications.
- Welders operate manual and/or semi-automatic welding equipment to weld ferrous and non-ferrous metals using processes such as gas tungsten welding (GTAW), gas metal arc welding (GMAW), flux-cored arc welding (FCAW), plasma arc welding (PAW), shielded metal arc welding (SMAW), oxy-acetylene welding (OAW), resistance welding and submerged arc welding (SAW).
- Operate manual and/or semi-automatic flame cutting equipment.
- Operate brazing and soldering equipment.
- Operate metal shaping machines such as brakes, shears and other metal straightening and bending machines.
- Repair worn parts of metal products by welding on extra layers.
- Adjust welding heads and tooling according to work specifications.
- Insure that there are adequate supplies on hand to complete the work in an efficient manner.
- Perform Pre-Operational inspections on all equipment.
- Perform routine maintenance work such as cleaning and lubricating equipment components and assemblies.
- Maintain a safe operating area for safety of self, co-workers, clients and general public.
- Report any unsafe operating hazards to the project superintendent immediately.
- Conduct daily hazard assessment of immediate work area noting all hazards. Adjusting work methodology accordingly and reporting all hazards to project superintendent.
- Conduct pre-operational checks on equipment. Report any and all issues to the project superintendent for repair and/or replacement.
- Ensure equipment has adequate fuel to perform daily assignments. Notify Project Superintendent immediately in the AM if not.
- Maintain a clean cab, lubricate equipment and refill equipment fluids levels.
- Take direction from Project Superintendent on daily and weekly work plan.
- Performs other duties as assigned by Project Superintendent.
- Submit at the week’s end all Pre-Operational checks to Project Superintendent.
- Attend and participate in Weekly Tool-Box Safety meetings. Report and contribute to all safety issues.
- Inspect equipment, cables and hoses.
- Maintaining a Safety Focused Operating Culture.
- Maintains a Quality-Client Focused Operating Culture.
- Maintains a Cost Reduction and Profitability Operating Culture.
- Maintain and follow all company policies and procedures.
Personal Conduct Responsibilities:
- Maintains a positive attitude.
- Shows respect to coworkers and company structure.
- Co-operates with other Co-Workers.
- Performs position functions without supervision.
- Displays initiative in performing work functions.
- Exercises prudent judgement.
- Meets goals when personal commitment is made.
- Displays concern for Company cost control and profit contribution.
Terms of Employment:
- As per Letter of Engagement.
- Wages per Company Wage Scales.
- Varies though out Atlantic Canada with Construction Projects. Willingness and availability to travel is a must.
- Project Manager and/or Construction Site Superintendent
- The position has no supervisory responsibilities for direct and/or indirect reports unless assigned by the Project Manager on a particular project.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Some High School, trade, vocational and/or technical training.
- Welding Trade Certificate
- Occupational Health and Safety Certificate.
- WHMIS Training
- First Aid & CPR Certificate
- Drivers License.
- 5 to 10 years preferred.
- Cleaning and Maintaining Equipment.
- Major & Minor Repairs, Structural, and Equipment.
- Maintaining Log-Books.
- Clean Driving Record and Abstract.
- Clear Criminal Record Check and Abstract.
- Ability to travel and Work Out-Doors in a Marine Environment.